I think the most difficult question to answer is “who are you?”
Am I what I do? Am I what I believe in? What I work and care for?
Yes, I am …. All my experiences and achievements, past and present, are involved in the answer – I am all those multiple personalities – I am like a traveller through my own Universe, looking at my own starry night of life, experience, skills & hobbies.
- I am an academic working at the University of Victoria with published research papers, variety of conference presentations and instructional resources.
- I am an researcher with organizational skills and broad scientific knowledge capable of independent and effective research.
- I am an experienced educator and trainer with an in-depth knowledge of techniques and principles of instructional delivery. I am experienced in directing development and implementation of informal and formal training and educational programs.
- I am a cybersecurity expert with good theoretical knowledge of the domain and number of completed cybersecurity projects & assignments.
- I am an IT professional with system analysis and programming experience that supports my capability to efficiently use, create and evaluate automated solutions to complex problems both in business and educational spheres as well as in the cybersecurity domain.
- I am a science promoter with a large number of presentations in schools and communities for public and media.
- I am a seasoned Board Member with variety of board experience on different levels with a keen knowledge of governing issues both in professional, not for profit and charitable organizations.
And to continue …
- I am an artist with keen interest in drawing and oil painting who is well versed in the history of European art
- I am a photographer and filmmaker with number of completed projects, and
- I am a pilot
But not to forget …
- I am a mother, wife, sister and daughter …
- I am a friend and caregiver
- I am a beekeeper and friend of six chickens …
… and I hope to continue.
As Leonardo daVinci say: “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”
…. and I still want to HAPPEN TO THINGS.