I think the most difficult question to answer is “who are you?”
Am I what I do? Am I what I believe in? What I work and care for?
Yes, I am …. All my experiences and achievements, past and present, are involved in the answer – I am all those multiple personalities – I am like a traveller through my own Universe, looking at my own starry night of life, experience, skills & hobbies.
- I am an academic working at the University of Victoria with published research papers, variety of conference presentations and instructional resources.
- I am an researcher with organizational skills and broad scientific knowledge capable of independent and effective research.
- I am an experienced educator and trainer with an in-depth knowledge of techniques and principles of instructional delivery. I am experienced in directing development and implementation of informal and formal training and educational programs.
- I am a science promoter with a large number of presentations in schools and communities for public and media.
- I am an IT professional with system analysis and programming experience that supports my capability to efficiently use, create and evaluate automated solutions to complex problems both in business and educational spheres.
- I am a seasoned Board Member with variety of board experience on different levels with a keen knowledge of governing issues both in professional, not for profit and charitable organizations.
And to continue …
- I am an artist with keen interest in drawing and oil painting who is well versed in the history of European art
- I am a photographer and filmmaker with number of completed projects, and
- I am a pilot
But not to forget …
- I am a mother, wife, sister and daughter …
- I am a friend and caregiver
- I am a beekeeper and friend of five chickens …
… and I hope to continue.
As Leonardo daVinci say: “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”
…. and I still want to HAPPEN TO THINGS.